Friday, August 8, 2008

What is it about the Twilight Series?

What is it about these books. These books have taken over my life the last two weeks and why? Why is it that I can read these books fairly fast and not want to put them down but any other book I have read for the last several years, even ones that I like, are not that way. Looking back there are parts of the books that I would read and think really is this going to far now or that just seems weird but yet I would read on like it was a drug I had to have. I even tried to pace myself and not get the next book for a few days but I found myself wanting to get it to have it right then. I even felt funny when I gave the first book to Lauren at pick up to give to Susan. I thought maybe I should have put it in a brown paper bag so it did not look weird that I was giving this book to a child. I feel like I am passing on some kind of drug. It really has consumed me. Again I ask why? What is it about the story or her writing that does that. The really odd thing is that the four books are roughly around 2500 pages and I still feel like she did not give enough detail in certain parts. I am really kind of glad that there are only four books. It has really tired me out. Am I just strange? I know my husband thinks so right now? At least I have finished them all and go back to my life.

1 comments:

Tina said...

I waited to read them until just before school got out in case I got hooked. Obviously, I did. They are an easy read, maybe that is one of the reasons people love them. I loaned them to Mrs. Yeargain at school, she is hooked as well. She told me they are written at a fifth grade reading level. Hmmm, perfect for busy people.

No comments: