I usually don't think really hard about the Vice President. I usually want to know a little but fore some reason this time I feel like I really want to know more and I am worried about who the Vice President will be. It seems like everybody lately is more concerned about who the Vice President is going to be as opposed to the President. I know they just announced it so that is part of the reason. It seems though that it is more then that from the way people are talking. Here is what I am hearing from people and have also thought some of it myself.
On the Republican side McCain is old and has had skin cancer several times. Quite frankly he looked terrible the other night after Palin's speech. He looked like he could not move at all and looked even older then he is. Many people are saying it is very possible something could happen to him in office and they want a Vice President that they will like.
On the Democratic side O'Bama will be the first black president and many people are worried about him being assassinated. I have heard this a lot and I wish I did not think it was at all true but there are some really messed up people in this world. So they are saying they want a Vice President they can trust.
I think there are people switching from Democrat to Republican because Palin is a women, they feel more connected to her. They don't really look at what she stands for or things she has done politically. She has a lot on her plate personally and will she be able to be as focused as she needs to be. A lot of people don't like Biden. They have said he can be very nasty. I don't know much about either one so I will have to look into them farther, but from what it seems that it has come down to the less of the two evils of the Vice Presidents. This is really not where I saw this race going but the last few days have seemed to move in this direction.
On a side note I feel bad as a women saying that she has a lot on her plate personally and can she handle this. The women in me wants to say leave her alone, women can do it all. I say good for you for accepting this challenge. The mother in me says you cannot do it all without a price somewhere. She has exposed her children to some harsh reality's the last few days and I don't think as a mother I would do that. It is hard enough for her daughter to be pregnant at 17 but then to have the country scrutinize her. She has a child with Down Syndrome, kids are not easy to begin with but add those kind of complications and it gets harder. I cannot say this is a choice I would have made for my family but then again I am not her and it will never be a choice that I will need to make.
On the Republican side McCain is old and has had skin cancer several times. Quite frankly he looked terrible the other night after Palin's speech. He looked like he could not move at all and looked even older then he is. Many people are saying it is very possible something could happen to him in office and they want a Vice President that they will like.
On the Democratic side O'Bama will be the first black president and many people are worried about him being assassinated. I have heard this a lot and I wish I did not think it was at all true but there are some really messed up people in this world. So they are saying they want a Vice President they can trust.
I think there are people switching from Democrat to Republican because Palin is a women, they feel more connected to her. They don't really look at what she stands for or things she has done politically. She has a lot on her plate personally and will she be able to be as focused as she needs to be. A lot of people don't like Biden. They have said he can be very nasty. I don't know much about either one so I will have to look into them farther, but from what it seems that it has come down to the less of the two evils of the Vice Presidents. This is really not where I saw this race going but the last few days have seemed to move in this direction.
On a side note I feel bad as a women saying that she has a lot on her plate personally and can she handle this. The women in me wants to say leave her alone, women can do it all. I say good for you for accepting this challenge. The mother in me says you cannot do it all without a price somewhere. She has exposed her children to some harsh reality's the last few days and I don't think as a mother I would do that. It is hard enough for her daughter to be pregnant at 17 but then to have the country scrutinize her. She has a child with Down Syndrome, kids are not easy to begin with but add those kind of complications and it gets harder. I cannot say this is a choice I would have made for my family but then again I am not her and it will never be a choice that I will need to make.



I have been pondering getting my Master's degree. I am very concerned about how much this will impact my family. I hope anyone taking on the role of Vice President would give at least this much thought to the role they are undertaking.