Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Have a Sense of Humor and Don't be a Hipocrit


So I thought that the SNL skit was hilarious. Like I had said best I had seen in a long time. One of McCain's staffers disagrees with me. She said it was sexist and just wrong. What happen to having a sense of humor about yourself and others? What happened to it being the best form of flattery to be made fun of on SNL. Why was it ok to make fun of Hilary Clinton over and over again but not ok to make fun of Palin. I heard people constantly tell Hilary to get over it and stop being a baby. Then Palin comes along and everyone is saying leave her alone don't be so mean. David said it is always ok until it is their own candidate and then they think it is wrong. Humor is the thing that gets me through life and I feel like the FCC and so many others are trying to take a form of my entertainment and humor away. If you don't like it turn off the TV. I know I threw the FCC in there and it was kind of off topic but they make me mad too. I watched rated R movies when I was young and I saw a lot and heard a lot I probably should not have and guess what? I am not a murderer, I don't do drugs, I don't steel, and I don't live on the street. I watched so much TV it is unreal and I turned out ok. You know why because I had parents who talked to me. Ok enough of my FCC rant now back to politics.

The other thing is people being such hypocrites. It is one thing to change your mind and have a different opinion because you learn more information that is not what is happening here. Bill O'Reily went off about how horrible Jamie Lynn Spears and her parents were when she got pregnant at 16(I think that is how old she is). He said they are the absolute worst parents and just went on and on about them. Palin's daughter gets pregnant and he says leave her alone and let the family work this out in private. I got the impression that he thought they were a great family but she just make one mistake. Believe me I agree leave them alone but why is it ok for her and not for Jamie Lynn. Is there really a difference here.

McCain went on the view the other day and their was discussion about how they should not have asked him tough questions and attacked him. Someone who I cannot remember recently said this is not a date. We are not just trying to find out the fluff stuff about these candidates. They are interviewing for the President and Vice President they need to answer the tough questions no matter who is asking them. If they want it they should be prepared. It is great to give someone a chance at a job when they don't have experience but not for President or Vice President. That to me is so different, you better be prepared.

I feel like the Republicans seem whiny and desperate at the moment. Every time I turn on the TV they are complaining about something else. Both sides need to get over it, everyone stop slinging mud and tell me how are you going to fix the economy, the education system, the health care system, and so on. I am very frustrated at our politicians and our median right now as I am sure many are. I was actually thinking this was going to be a great election and I thought it would be fascinating. I am so disappointed by it now.

I am done ranting and raving for the night.

1 comments:

Laura said...

I wish someone would publish just a listing, a comprehensive listing, of the issues and where the candidates stand - more importantly, their plan to fix it! Period. No sound bites. No BS. Just straight forward. Let me read it and then it would be easier to decide. That will never happen because I think these candidates don't know specifically how to fix the issues at this time. The President doesn't really make any changes alone anyway.

I guess some of this stuff comes from living in a free society. I wouldn't want to be in the public eye for all the money in the world. So, why would anyone super great want to do it for what the President makes....

I guess you can tell that I don't think either candidate is top-notch. :)

No comments: