We hosted a small little election night party with some of David's friends from work last night. It was interesting switching back and forth between CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News. It is interesting how they call the states as soon as they close the polls and like my friend Susan said some peoples votes really don't matter the way it is set up.
I liked that Ainsley's school did a mock election with story book characters. She was really excited about it. I asked her why she was voting for the on she did and she said because he was smart. At least she said that instead of because he is funny or I like the way he dresses. I think it was good for her that she saw me at home with my ballot spread out try to read through everything. It was good that she got to go to the polls and see that process too. I think it was good that it got the kids at school talking about it and starting to understand what voting is about. I do not think it was good that kids at school were going around calling Obama a baby killer. What a young age to start such hateful and and misguided words.
I liked McCain's concession speech. He seemed like his old self again for a moment, the man I would have voted for eight years ago. I had always respected him even if I was not going to vote for him but in the last few months I lost some of that respect.
I unfortunately fell asleep before Obama's speech I think I will try to watch it on the Internet today.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I did like McCain's speech a lot also. Maybe the pressure was off and it showed.
Tommy's teacher sent out a note Friday, 3 days after the election, saying that some of the negative things being said had not stopped and she asked for the parents to talk to their kids about it. Don't know why the note came so late, but it has been really bad. I did notice when I volunteered that they would do it until the teacher walked in. Being a teacher is a tough gig!
Post a Comment