Tuesday, November 25, 2008

16 years old dating a 20 year old

I have not heard that Miley Cyrus has confirmed a relationship with Justin Gaston but it seems like they are together. She just turned 16 and he is 20. I am pretty open to a lot of things but this one seems weird. There is a huge difference between 16 and 20. She could be wise beyond her years but still there is a difference. If they are not dating I still think it is weird that a 20 year old man is hanging around all the time with a 16 year old girl. Just my two cents.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I think they are dating. He showed up last night to watch her perform in the finale of Dancing with the Stars. She is quite talented. I had never seen her - or heard her - before.

I guess with her life, she is probably wise beyond her years. I am not sure, as a parent, I would allow sleepovers between the two, but I am not sure I would cringe at dating. It doesn't seem that weird to me considering who they are.

I think her claiming to be heartbroken at 15 that Nick Jonas broke up with her after dating for 2 years - starting at, like, 12 - is more weird. I don't envision Tommy having a steady girlfriend until at least 16.

I can't imagine their world. But they can have it!

Michelle said...

I totally agree with you Jilene. What does a 20 yr. old man see in a 16 yr. old girl? As we age 4 yrs. doesn't seem like such a big deal. My husband is 5 yrs. older than I am. But we met when I was 28. When you're as young as Miley is tremendous amounts of growth and change occur in those 4 yrs. So then I ask what did he miss out on while growing up that his interests are the same as those of a 16 yr old? Sounds shady to me. I have 3 girls and I don't think I would be to keen on that business.