WARNING: A lot of Whining ahead.
There is a joke to go with this title and I thought about trying to tell it but these kind of things never come across as funny unless you are in the moment. So Angie will probably understand the title more then anyone else.
So it seems like I cannot communicate very well these days. When I say yes someone hears no and vise versa. Yesterday I went in to get a bagel and wait for Michelle so we could work on Girl Scout stuff and he asked me if I wanted my bagel toasted. I am sure I said no but he heard yes so my bagel was toasted.
Lately when I leave school after helping out I feel worse then when I went in. I try to read through and figure out what she wants me to do. I usually have a preconceived idea and then she briefly tells me or I have to ask her. I always end up confused in the end because my idea of what it was is not usually the case. She then looks at me funny and probably thinks I am a moron or maybe that is just what I think she is thinking. I usually end up spending a 1/2 hour or more waiting for a copier only to have it jam and not print right when I get there or I run out of time and have to get back to the class room. I walk in with no copies and I am sure she is wondering what I am doing with my time. Trust me, my time is spent standing at horrible copiers that stress me and last week I almost decided I was not coming back. I am not really enjoying helping out this year. In fact I am really starting to dread it. It is terrible to say and I am not really sure why I feel that way.
It was really hard getting my kids back into school after break and we had some huge struggles. Ainsley got some of the lowest test scores she has ever gotten the week after break. There was a lot of fighting going on in our house. I fear it will only get worse as this year goes on and we have people walking through our house and I am going to be on them more then ever to always keep everything clean, when we sale the house and everything gets moved out, when we get there and it finally really sinks in for both of them...
I am stressed about trying to move all the stuff out so they can carpet this week. I am realizing as I am moving all the stuff out that my kids have way to much stuff and I have to find a way to get rid of it. I am stressed about trying to get everything done so we can put the house on the market which I am not at all looking forward to.
Basically I have hit a wall this week and every time I turn around there is another thing to do or problem to solve and I am having a hard time staying above water right now. When that happens I become almost paralyzed and have a hard time getting anything done. I end up standing there staring at the pile instead of moving it.
Basically my glass is empty this week and I really would like to just go lay in bed and watch a movie but I have four bedrooms to clear everything out of but the furniture so I can get nice new carpet that someone else gets to enjoy.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Ugh - I do NOT envy you the moving process! If I could wiggle my nose and complete it all for you I would!
Oh, and now that Ann's husband is in his new job in CA he might get laid off. So...you may know someone in CO when you move after all! If he does get laid off he's coming back and they won't move. So sucky for them...
Jilene, how nice of you to put a warning label on this post. You have alot on your plate right now. If there's anything I can do just let me know...did I say no?! :)
They got new copiers. Yeah! Don't know how to use them very well, but hey, they don't jam every 2 pages! Hopefully, that will help!
I don't enjoy helping near as much this year as well. I am thinking about going to every other week. It is very boring. Hard to get motivated. Just not the same at all. Period. And we don't get direction at all either. I think Tina spoiled us for all other teachers!
Post a Comment