Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Diving Back In

It is hard once you stop something to get back into it or least it is for me. The one day I skip exercise it is usually over. I think missing one day won't hurt and maybe two is ok. Same thing with blogging I guess. I got busy and just never got back to it. I have thought about many things to blog about but no time, no motivation. Well it is the new year and I need to get some motivation on all fronts.

I went to the Doctor today for a follow up on all my tests from my Physical. I have high cholesterol and my Carotid Artery is thickening. I also have heart palpitations and am not sleeping well. I apparently am five years cardiovascularly older then I should be. So I ate a little healthier today. It took me forever to decide what to eat today. I also went on a bike ride pulling Abby behind me in the trailer. I am on a roll so I thought why not sit down and write something.

The thing I have to say frustrated me about the doctor today is when I brought up the heart palpitations and the sleeping and some anxiety(I wonder why I have all that) she was not very comforting but I don't know what I expected. She said if I cannot function then she would put me on pills. If I was concerned about my heart she would send me to cardio. The thing is I really think it is situational stress. It will be gone in six months or less. I don't know if I need to see the cardio person that is why I brought it up to her since she has the degree in Medicine she can tell me if I need to see a cardio person. If I knew the answer I would have bipassed her and seen a cardio person. She also said I could see a counselor to figure out why I am so anxious. Did she not just hear me say I was trying to sell a house, find a new one, and that my husband now lives in Co and I am here with the kids felling like I am limbo. I don't belong here, I don't belong there. Apparently for her that was nothing to be anxious over. Again though what did I expect from her. I am not exercising, I eat terrible, and I drink way to much caffeine. There is my answer.

Here is to a happier, healthier New Year!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have mentioned lately that I hate Drs? Seriously...she didn't have 5 mins to sit down and break down your issues and make a serious recommendation about what to do? Even if it just was "Sounds situational. Perhaps think about seeing a counselor through this time and start the eating healthier being more active thing. If things don't start to change come on back and we'll take another look."

Would that have been SO hard?! Ugh...hate doctors, hate doctors, hate doctors.

Laura said...

I hope you feel better soon, Jilene! Stress can do major things to your body, that is for sure. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do right now to relieve what you are going through. Sounds like you have good ideas to at least minimize it.

FYI - I have had heart issues in the last couple of weeks and my doctor told me that there is a virus going around. My heart would hurt and not beat right - like palpitate. I hope she at least sent you for blood work or did an EKG. Mine did, so at least I know I am not going to keel over anytime soon with a heart attack!