So I went to the nutritionist today or as he calls himself a Life Coach. Look at me I have a Life Coach. Really I guess he can call himself that. He has a degree in psychology, he went to Culinary School, was a Body Builder and Trainer, has a degree in something related to Asthma and Allergy, a Degree in Nutrition, and I am sure more that I am leaving out.
I have never want to go to a nutritionist for fear of what they will say.
Cut out this.
Exercise more.
Don't do that.
I was very surprised by this experience. He first asked me about my life and what was going on. What it was I wanted to do. He then only gave two things to work on for the next week. First, exercise for 2 1/2 hours per week. It does not matter what I do or how fast I do it. I can walk around the park at a slow pace if I want. It has to be for 20 min at least to count. I cannot count more the 45 min in a day. Second, eat ever three hours starting from within an hour of when I get up and quit two to three hours before bed. That was eat for now. He will add more next time. I said to start slow or you will quit. He is right I would.
The bad part of this is this seems so simple and I have already blown it. I will try harder tomorrow. I was on track. I was going to eat again and 4. Then of course a Girl Scout thing happened and it is now 9:46 and I have not had dinner and really I should quit eating as of right now but I realize I am starving. Hopefully I will do better tomorrow. I guess I just have to. I have not taken good care of my body lately so I will just have to make the time. The other thing, which Matt had already said to me, was take fish oil pills. It is suppose to be really great for heart issues. I also know someone who took it for joint issues. We will see. I really don't want to go on medicine if I can help it and I would like to loss some wait. I still have not lost all the weight from Abby. She is 4 1/2. So I am trying a Life Coach.
On a side note he use to live in Boulder and owned a restaurant on the same street David's current office is. Small world but that is for another post. For me it is getting smaller by the minute.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Keep us posted on how it goes. I have always been curious as to what a Life Coach does. Might want to check it out.....
How did you find him, anyway?
Post a Comment