Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Maybe Some Names Should Just Not Be Used

Another interesting article. A name is just a name and does not mean that you will be that person but why would you do that to your child when it still brings up so much pain for many people?

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/12/17/20081217HitlerCake1217.html

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, scheiss. Yeah, I'm not certain I would give my child that stigma. I was hoping that the article would point out some really good reason as to why that name was chosen. However, just liking that name doesn't cut it for me. HOW THE HECK DO YOU LIKE THAT NAME?!

Plus, in my experience, people who truly aren't racist typically don't feel the need to verbally point out to others that they aren't. However, these two felt the need to in the article. That stood out to me.

Why not just stick with Adolf and pick another middle name if you liked it so much? It seems like they are using their child to make a point which I'm fairly certain I don't agree with.

Nothing years of therapy won't clear up for the poor kid though, right?

Laura said...

Wow, I would imagine that the parents are very interesting people. Aryan Nation, Adolf Hitler. There are certainly frightening people in the world.

I am glad they live in NJ and not in my neighborhood. Aren't I terrible?