I have been thinking about several posts lately. One was on when people disagree with something in this country being told they should go live somewhere else if they don't like it. One was on Religious persecution and how I thought we lived in a country free from it but sometimes I do not think that is the case. The last was on Mormons. Maybe someday I will do the other two but I have chosen the Mormons.
I often disagree with the Mormon Religion. I have had friends who are Mormons but they are not really close friends any more. The Religion and lifestyle seem to different to greatly from mine I guess. I am not going to bad mouth them I just want to relate a story that I read and then how I felt about it.
I was blog stocking, surprise, surprise. I came across a post about someone who goes to coffee shops on cold days and gets hot chocolate. As a Mormon you are not suppose to drink coffee. He said that they put it in the same cups everyone has for coffee and he began to wonder if someone say him there would they think he was drinking coffee. He said he would if he saw someone else with that coffee cup. He then said he would still love them but maybe just a little bit less then he did before.
My initial reaction was seriously. You are really going to love someone less because they drink coffee. Then I did something I am trying more of these days I took a step back and thought about it. Is there anything that I would look a someone and maybe love them just a little less because of it? It is smoking. I would still love you but it would really bother me.
I then had this exact same conversation with my husband. First I think he was surprised by the fact that I took the other side and really looked at it and he to saw it for a moment in a different perspective. He then said he thought it was a little different because smoke can affect everyone around them and coffee really does not.
I still have to say for once I have a slightly better understanding of their thought process. I am not very optimistic it will happen again but you never know. You have to keep and open mind.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'd like to say I'm a fair person and at least try to look at all sides and if nothing else agree to disagree. On some issues I certainly find that harder to do of late. I wonder why?
Election day tomorrow! Guess who bought 'Vote' underwear from Victoria's Secret and picked up an "Election Day Ration Kit" that the neighborhood wine store had? Complete with a soft sided carrying case and a Zinfandel and Brut Sparkling wine. You had to pick the red or blue kit. hehe
Post a Comment