Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Octoplets

I cannot understand this women. I don't think she is out for fame and fortune like some do. I think she is just obsessed with having children. I just cannot imagine wanting to have so many children. I am a stay at home mom and sometimes don't feel like I have enough time with the two girls. To have 14 children. Eight all the same age. She already had six at home that are between 2 and 7. Just the thought of all that overwhelms me. I am trying so hard these days not to judge. I still do, I am human, but I am trying to stop myself and say hey I don't know what it is like to be in their shoes and they don't know what it is like to me in mine. Having said that, I want to know what is this women thinking. I am sure she is a good Mom but how can she continue to be one with all of this. She has no husband or partner. She has a Mom who has publicly said she is tired and upset with her Daughter. She has no means to pay for these kids. I don't get it. I don't know why someone would do this. So yes, in this case I am judging her and I do feel bad for it, but really. Fourteen kids, all biological, under the age of seven. It seems a little selfish to me. I think her kids and her parents are going to suffer, I hope they don't, but I don't see how they won't.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I feel bad that she is getting death threats but on the other hand, who is going to pay for 8 kids born prematurely? She may be able to support them on a day to day basis (she did get an agent!), but I would imagine that it is the taxpayers that are going to pay for the birth of the 8 kids. I think that is where people have a problem with it.

It is ironic to me that they have so many parameters when it comes to adoption but nothing in place when it comes to fertility, etc. I think most parents would say that the goal of fertility is to have a healthy baby - maybe two. But, her goal was as many as she could get, which seems a little strange especially if you don't have the means to care for them.

I read that she paid for her fertility from a settlement on a work injury. I read she is in college. Who knows how you would work with 14 kids? Who could afford the daycare? It is all so strange.....

Jilene said...

I have never understood death threats. Like that is going to really help or accomplish anything.

I think there should be more parameters in fertility. I don't want to make it incredibly hard but something. I am not a doctor but should we really be implanting more eggs then are humanly possible. I was curious as to what the most amount someone has had naturally.

I also just think she has been pregnant 5 times and each one she said was 6 eggs. How did she afford that. Maybe she could have taken some of that money to provide a good life for her kids. She says she wants to be there for them and be a good mother. Part of that is making choices that are good for them. Is this really a good choice for the other 6 she had at home. One is special needs. It is one thing, I guess if you can afford it and have willing help. It did not sound like her Mom really wanted to do this and she does not have money right now for it.

Laura said...

I think there is a screw loose with her. I think she really hopes that she can support them through fame. I personally think that that is what she ultimately wanted.

I have looked at pictures of her and she claims she did not have any alterations done but it certainly does not look like that. She creeps me out, personally!

I hope it all turns out okay but right now, I feel bad for her kids.